Thursday 1 January 2015

Best Makeup in 2014

As 2014 is now finished and we welcome 2015 it is time to look back on my favourite makeup of 2014. In 2014 I found many new products that I absolutely love, now its time to show you them.
Best Multi- Tasking Foundation is Mac Face and Body, this is a great foundation as it can provide light to medium coverage leaving the skin with a dewy finish. It stays on all day and can last trough anything, Mac have a great colour range so anyone can have this foundation.
Best High street Foundation is L'Oreal True Match, for me this is one of the best foundations on the high street as it provides medium coverage but can be buildable to high coverage. The true match range also has a great colour range and also a great price.
Best Primer is Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser, as it can help you to achieve a flawless base that can last all day, as it erases all visible pores. As this was probably one of the first high street primers I think Maybelline did a great job.
Best Concealer is Benefit Boi-ing, I have grown to like this concealer as it can help you to cover anything and has a great staying power. The only trouble is if you do not powder were you have applied it, it will slip and slide all over your face through out the day.
Best Powder is Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation, I have loved this powder now for what seems like years, as it can help set your makeup in place and also provide a matte finish. As this specific powder is a powder foundation you can wear it alone or on top of a foundation for a higher coverage.
Best Eyebrow Product is ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit, this product is quite a recent purchase and since I have got it I have used it everyday. It comes with a powder to help fill in any bald spots, then also comes with a colour wax to help set the powder in place and to also help fill them in more. For £3.50 I say it is amazing.Best Single Eye shadow is Essence 3D in Irresistible Vanilla Latte, this has by far been my favourite eye shadow of 2014, as I was looking for a champagne eye shadow and came across this. The pigmentation of this shadow for the price you pay is outstanding and  the colour provides the perfect amount of shimmer and is not too chunky. This eye shadow is perfect for minimal makeup days.

Best Cream Eye shadows are Mac paint pot in Constructivist and Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, this year I have really come to like cream eye shadows and I could not choose between these two, as they both have amazing colour pigmentation and amazing staying power. Constructivist is a beautiful deep brown and On and On Bronze is an amazing warm golden brown .
Best Eye shadow palette is Urban Decay Naked 2, this has definitely been my most used palette of 2014 as you can create so many looks ranging from neutral or dark and smoky. On top of the fact you can create so many looks with one palette, the eye shadows are richly pigmented, creamy and easy to blend this palette is definitely worth the money.
Best Mascara is Mac Zoom Lash, a mascara that has the perfect sized wand to help you create long and volumised eye lashes this mascara also has amazing staying power and will not come off easily. This mascara is definitely going to be a re-purchase in 2015.
Best Blushes are Essence Silky Touch Blush in Babydoll and Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Rose, this was really hard for me as I really love blushes I firstly chose the Essence Blush as it was a shade I loved for ages as it provides you with the perfect colour and also has amazing pigmentation. I next had to chose the Happy Booster blush as it provides you with different tones of pink and the perfect amount of shimmer, perfect for creating a healthy flush of colour.
Best Highlighter is Soap and Glory Glow All Out, a highlighter that I have only recently got the highlighter is a light peachy pink shade with a slight shimmer running through it. Perfect for giving the face some glow.
Best Bronzer is Soap and Glory Solar Powder, ever since Vivianna from Vivianna Does Makeup spoke about this I knew I had to get my hands on it. I can see why she loves it as the product is split in two with one side being a light bronzy peach shade, for when you want a slight bronzed look and on the other side a medium matte brown for when you want a more noticeable bronzed look. You can use each side individually or swirl both colours together.
Best Tinted Lip Balms are Maybelline Baby Lips, these are really a great product from the high street as they have a range of different colours and finishes, whilst caring for your lips these are definitely a must buy from the high street.
Best Lip Balm is Carmex, this is definitely the best lip balm as it really nourishes the lips leaving them soft and hydrated.
I hope that you enjoyed seeing my makeup favourites for 2014, hopefully you can share your makeup favourites for 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment